Radical Sportscars – Peterborough, UK
Experience: CAD Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer (Special Purpose Machinery / Automation)
Job Function: CAD Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time / Contract /Temporary
Factory/Office Based, Commutable to Peterborough
Due to the continuing success new opportunities have arisen for experienced CAD engineers to join a fast-growing motorsport business based in Peterborough. The business is experiencing unprecedented growth and these roles are required to ensure that designs are completed on time to automotive standard.
Designers qualified to ONC/HNC or above with current experience of Solid Works and Solid Edge, ideally with practical experience of developing solid models, complex surfaces and deriving 2D designs together with developing the BOM on PDM. Knowledge of CAE and stress analysis would be advantageous.
The Role: Essential criteria:
- Experienced CAD designer
- Current experience of SOLIDWORKS, developing solid models, complex surfaces and deriving 2D designs and developing the BOM on PDM.
- Understand materials; Low carbon steel, FRC, Aluminium,
- Can work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Team player, able to accept responsibility and get things done under pressure and on time.
- Used to high paced production environment.
- Comfortable working in a small team and liaising with colleagues across all disciplines in the business.
- CAE and stress analysis
- Flexible package to suit candidates including working remotely.
- Full time and contractors will be considered