Job title: Engineering Draftsman
High Voltage Partial Discharge Ltd (HVPD) are experts in the growing technology field of Partial Discharge (PD) test and monitoring technology for in-service medium and high voltage cables and plant. We offer a complete range of High Voltage Test equipment and solutions to our electricity generation, utility, industrial and commercial clients across our Global Customer Base. HVPD Ltd has an exciting opportunity, based in our head office in Manchester, UK for a Engineering Draftsman to assist the Senior Hardware Development Engineer in supporting HVPD’s internal resources with all aspects of drawing and product information.
This is a significant team player role that will require drive, energy and enthusiasm and demands a strong performer in a great team serving our engineering and production departments.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supporting Senior Hardware Development Engineer and external design consultants with drawings, specifications and designs
• Working with suppliers/internal teams to engineer and improve products to improve performance and work correctly
• Inspection of purchased components and preparation of quality reports both internally and to suppliers
•Inspection of finished product and preparation of quality reports on manufacturing issues
• Ensure customer/ supplier drawing and installation instructions are completed for all new specifications
• Supporting the business with requirements for exhibitions, product marketing and display stands
• Engineering drawing change and update control
• Maintaining standards in Quality Assurance within an ISO 9001 environment –
• Training of Apprentice and Junior draftspersons