The Company (having recently acquired the assets of Cubewano Limited) designs and manufactures small engines used primarily in UAVs (unmanned air vehicles) and ground power applications. These engines (currently ranging from circa 2-40 HP) are highly advanced, fuel injected, Wankel rotaries employing many advanced materials and manufacturing techniques.
The products are very high technology, high value engines primarily used in military applications; there is a high emphasis on intellectual property, technology and corporate infrastructure.
We are a small but rapidly expanding business and this is a great opportunity to be involved at the inception of something very exciting.
The role will consist of the following:-
1. Package design of engine installations
2. Mechanical design of subsystems such as rotating assemblies, pumps mechanisms etc.
3. Tolerance stack up calculations for designs and critical mechanisms
4. Modification to current designs under the guidance of the design manager
5. Knowledge of materials and properties
6. Creation and modification of manufacturing drawings
7. Design and detailing of components for sensible cost manufacturing
a. Machined components
b. Sheet metal
d. Injection mouldings
e. Blow mouldings
8. Design and detailing of wiring harnesses and electrical systems (guidance from electrical engineer)
9. Liaise with clients on technical matters, as required
10. The ability to manage oneself to ensure the accurate and timely completion of tasks (in line with the project management system)
11. Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procures
12. Project an positive image of oneself and the Company to others
The role will report to the Senior Design Engineer.
We employ a cross functional team environment which means you will see a project through from initial concept, design, manufacturing, inspection, assembly, testing and finally delivery and support to the customer. Many of our customers are overseas so there may be a small amount of overseas travel required.