McGeoch Technology Ltd has an outstanding reputation for high quality products and customer service in the design and manufacture of a wide range of bespoke Electrical equipment predominantly for the Naval Defence sector.
The company is privately owned originally established in Glasgow in 1832, but now operates from its headquarters in Birmingham. Its design and manufacturing capability covers a wide range of products including power distribution, control and instrumentation panels and bespoke electrical equipment.
The Defence Solutions division within McGeoch Technology undertakes engineering design for the Defence Market and comprises within its Technical teams Electrical, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers.
The Design team are involved in all aspects of electrical and mechanical design including design proposals, detail design, calculations, technical specifications, reports and consulting
We are now recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer to enhance and become a key member of our team and to grow our competency within solution provision for this industry.
• Design products from concept using customer specification or market requirement (Lighting inc. LED, Control / Distribution panels).
• Customer / supplier liaison.
• Use of 3d SOLIDWORKS & 2d Autocad software.
• Production of 3d modelled solutions resulting in general arrangement, detail manufacturing drawings and Bills of Material.
• Has a working knowledge of design using sheet-metal fabrications, extrusions, castings, mouldings to achieve IP ratings.
• Environmental Type testing of Prototypes (shock, vibration, IP, EMC, corrosion).
• Knowledge of CE requirements (Low Voltage directive, EMC Directive).
• Willing to develop skills and knowledge in new areas.
• Good written and spoken communications.
• Capable of working to deadlines set by project plans.
• Capable of working as part off a multi-disciplinary team – liaising with electrical / electronic engineers.
Please Note: The nature of our business requires the position to meet special nationality rules and therefore the vacancy is only open to British Citizens and will need to undergo a security clearance vetting procedure.