McGeoch Technology Ltd has an outstanding reputation for high quality products and customer service in the design and manufacture of a wide range of bespoke Electrical equipment predominantly for the Naval Defence sector.
The company is privately owned originally established in Glasgow in 1832, but now operates from its headquarters in Birmingham. Its design and manufacturing capability covers a wide range of products including power distribution, control and instrumentation panels and bespoke electrical equipment.
The Defence Solutions division within McGeoch Technology undertakes engineering design for the Defence Market and comprises within its Technical teams Electrical, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers.
The Design team are involved in all aspects of electrical and mechanical design including design proposals, detail design, calculations, technical specifications, reports and consulting.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to enhance and become a key member of our team and to grow our competency within solution provision for this industry.
• Report directly to the Design Manager on system design solutions.
• To determine the customer’s requirement, recommend possible solutions, agree a common specification and produce a design concept to meet the company’s objectives.
• Design and produce detail drawings to meet the specification requirements.
• To plan design in order to ensure that production costs are kept to a minimum.
• To liaise with customer’s engineers and implement modifications where necessary.
• To ensure that any changes to designs are fully documented and that the customer is kept informed.
• Establish and select component parts to fulfil the specification requirements of the design.
• Technical Specification reviews in order to prepare design proposals to industry standards using mainly SOLIDWORKS (some AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office packages.
• Have a good understanding of Qualification procedures and Type Testing requirements.
Please Note: The nature of our business requires the position to meet special nationality rules and therefore the vacancy is only open to British Citizens and will need to undergo a security clearance vetting procedure.
• Experience in project management, including controls, planning and estimating and preparation of deliverables/work package.
• Experience of SOLIDWORKS, Elecworks, AutoCAD.
• Extensive experience of PLC configuration and programming.
• Ability to produce design proposals from Technical Specifications.
• Able to interact with customers, suppliers and manufacturers.
• Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach to investigating and introducing new C&I concepts.
• Experience working on 440, 230, 115 and 24V systems.
• Ability to use initiative and demonstrate creativity.
• Able to work in a team.
• Proven ability to reach practical, cost-effective and safe solutions.
• Proven experience of working with control and instrumentation systems.