Oakmount Control Systems is a fast-moving, growing, engineering business based in the vibrant City of Plymouth in Devon. Our talented team of Automation, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers work on many unique projects for blue chip international customers in a wide range of sectors including Food, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive and General Manufacturing. We design and manufacture special purpose machinery and process control systems and we also work on many existing leading industrial brands.
Due to continued expansion, we are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to play a key role in the design and delivery of our work.
This role will suit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is able to manage projects from concept through to design and manufacture. The successful candidate may come from a similar business, and we would welcome relocators. You must be able to use SOLIDWORKS.
As well as project management and hands-on mechanical design, your responsibilities will include:
• Developing effective cross functional relationships and appropriate ways of working with both electrical and mechanical elements of the business
• Researching & recommending potential new technologies, processes and ways of working that could be beneficial to the company to optimise performance, quality and profitability
• Ensuring, where appropriate that customer specifications and delivery requirements are fully evaluated and agreed with customers, both internal and external
• Effective self-management to achieve agreed targets
• Negotiating and procurement of materials, as appropriate in line with the proposal and customer requirement
• Communicating any issues that may hinder the achievement of agreed targets
• Ensuring that documentation is produced & completed in a timely and appropriate manner