Our drawing office has an exciting vacancy for a CAD designer. The successful applicant will interpret site surveys, model Stairlift rails within design parameters and create production drawings for manufacture. The role requires a good working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS software packages and the ability to interpret and process information.
Reporting to the Drawing Office Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the Company’s 2D/3D rail designs from surveys provided by sales advisors and distributors both nationally and internationally. Enabling the manufacturing department to efficiently produce high quality Stairlifts to our distributors.
Our customers expect the highest standard of care, attention to detail and professionalism and therefore you must be able to perform and deliver in these areas.
You are responsible for the prompt interpretation of customer surveys, documents and drawings to meet the customer build specifications and requirements.
• Accurately convert digital and manual surveys into 2D/3D staircases in order to design a rail which will fit the actual staircase according to the customer specifications and avoid aborted installations and remakes.
• Identify potential issues/incorrect information within surveys/documents and carry out appropriate action to resolve all queries.
• Ensure any issues/queries are dealt with in timely manner to keep projects within lead times.
• Supply customer order entry with drawings to ensure rail is put into manufacture within time scales.
• Assist with the product development team on new projects.