Role: Design Draughts-person
Date Posted: Monday 19 February 2018
Oxford Technologies Ltd, now part of the VNS business, is a recognised world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile environments and in support of continued strong growth seeks to enhance its core team by recruiting a Design Draughts-person join our growing team.
The positions are based at the company HQ in Abingdon where you will be engaged in the delivery of consultancy services, equipment design and implementation. You will be expected to take responsibility for a range of engineering activities concerning the delivery of remote handling projects which are challenging and complex – which makes them extremely interesting to work on - and involves some of the most challenging decommissioning projects currently being undertaken. This will include the production of detail drawings, compiling bills of materials, design change control, and detail design of complex electro-mechanical and hydraulic devices.
Additionally, the appointee will be expected to contribute to the general activities within the department and company as we continue to develop and grow.
Your Experience / Skills
The following are the minimum requirements for this post:
• An excellent working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS
• Strong Organisation skills and able to run multiple
projects in parallel
• Ability to communicate effectively and technically and
to work as part of a team.
• An excellent knowledge of written and spoken
The following will be beneficial for this post:
• Experience in the design and detailing of remote handling equipment.
• Experience in the design and detailing of robotic equipment.
• Experience with Weld Symbols and Geometric Tolerancing
• Experience in detailing for components, assemblies, fabrications and machined parts.
• A good working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS PDM would be highly beneficial
Educated to HND/Degree level and /or have equivalent experience
Qualified Cad Designer / Cad Draughtsman
subject to experience
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: