Date Posted: Wednesday 6 February 2019
Key tasks will include:
• Engineering and process design including the management of product design life cycle.
• Design review process including product integrations.
• Technology advancement, cost improvement and continuous improvement.
• Managing various engineering projects in terms of specifications, planning, deployment and close out.
• Ensure on time delivery of technical solutions, meeting project and product targets.
• Input to, and driver of Innovation and New Product Development activities.
• Review of and input to IP (Intellectual Property) activities.
• Customer facing role acting as first point of contact, planning customer testing, production ramp up, testing and validation of innovation systems.
• Problem solving and decision making using structured analysis thus focusing and centralization of all plans needed to resolve product build issues, performance test issues and quality issues.
• Successful application of engineering and project management tools
• Mechanical design and product testing plan, physical and virtual.
• Coordinate the design and implementation of new product into the plant and implementation of engineering changes for existing product.
• Coordination of both internal and/or external design.
• Implementation of Bill of Material and fully costed product including initial sourcing of components or products that meet design requirements.
• Lean Philosophy mapping out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives that will sustain and promote the competitive edge of our design and manufacturing facility.
• Provide engineering support to efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects e.g. through process improvements, automation, product re-engineering.
• Manage all quality control and assurance actions relating to new product implementation through DROMONE’s New Product Introduction procedures, including the management of design gates and full sign of by relevant parties.
• Interface with production, quality, and the design engineering teams to ensure that the design and manufacturing engineering function is supporting the supply chain on an ongoing basis.
• Provide the engineering support to efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects, i.e. through process improvements, automation, product re-engineering and cost improvement initiatives.
• Provide engineering supports for the manufacture of agriculture and construction products to world class standards, ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective manner.
• Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available resources in the process
Your Experience / Skills
Minimum 1 to 2 years relevant industry experience.
Excellent interpersonal, communication & technical reporting skills.
Project & Time Management and structured problem solving experience.
Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.