Due to our continual growth, we’re expanding our Product Development team!
At Leach, it is our mission to transform our clients environments into engaging visitor experiences.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our industry leading and growing company operating across the retail, museum, and interiors sectors.
This newly created role will be a key part in continuing our evolution as a market leader, being at the forefront of innovative design in our sector and making exciting and adventurous projects a reality.
We’re looking for a designer/engineer competent in SOLIDWORKS with a passion for innovating.
Commercially aware and with a good understanding of manufacturing principles.
The role will report to our Head of Innovation,
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Qualification in Product Design or Engineering related Degree / HND
• Good skill level in SOLIDWORKS (3D and 2D)
• Passion for Innovating and product excellence
• Great problem solving and communication skills
• Practical skills – building and testing prototypes, troubleshooting – identifying areas for improvement etc.
• Commercially aware and able to identify cost saving opportunities
• Good understanding of design for manufacture principles and common manufacturing processes
• Experience in design with Metal / Sheet materials
• Able to liaise with other staff, understanding and responding to briefs and working to deadlines
• Ability to work independently on projects as well as part of a team
Nice to Have's
• Visualisation skills
• Knowledge of Print
• Experience in Electronics and Digital Displays / AV