Role: Graduate Mechatronics Engineer
Date Posted: Thursday 18 February 2021
ECE UK Limited is a manufacturing company based in Kent, selling a wide range of competitively priced air handling – conditioning and AC refrigeration equipment.
20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
SOLIDWORKS And Driveworks
- Create selection tools inside Driveworks.
- To integrate SOLIDWORKS and Driveworks with in-house software.
- Produce SOLIDWORKS models of all components where necessary.
- To liaise with our suppliers to get their selection software.
- Integrate our supplier’s selection programs into Driveworks and other systems.
- Fix any bugs with the current Driveworks selection programs.
- Provide pre-user acceptance testing, to ensure adequate quality control.
- Develop and maintain middle-tier solutions to integrate with third-party programs.
- To Automate the production of Sheetmetal and sending to CNC machines.
Research and Development
- To investigate the use of robotics in our sheet metal factory.
- Produce and maintain a development plan of all the software development required
- Develop a program and implement new technologies that improve information flow, efficiency and reduce costs/increase profits.
- Map all processes within the company and analyse the potential for process re-engineering to reduce errors/wastage / etc.
- Maintain the companies Data Protection Act corporate responsibilities, including data access requests and staff training.
- Keep up-to-date on the possibilities cloud computing offers us, and the risks they create.
- Provide day-to-day technical support for colleagues, including colleagues who work from home using the VPN.
- Help maintain servers and workstations as required (updates, security patches, etc.).
- Train users in any system we operate.
- Add users and grant permissions (when needed).
- Help with answering the phone and dealing with face-to-face arrivals.
- Maintain the online shop and provide assistance with day to day running where necessary.
- First point of contact for IP Telephony and Internet issues.
- Manage the licensing of software to maintain compliance.
- Manage Backup plans / automated tasks, to ensure data integrity and disaster recovery.
- Feedback on the progress of the development plan to your Manager.
- Make sure full backups are taken.
- Upgrade SOLIDWORKS when new releases are available.
- Upgrade Driveworks when new service packs or releases are available.
- Attend any required training courses.
- Experience in creating 3D models in SOLIDWORKS and converting them for use in programs like Revit.
- Experience in creating 3D renders in SOLIDWORKS for use in media.
- Producing 2D drawings in Draftsight.
- Experience with CNC Machines.
- Producing selection tools inside Driveworks.
- Experience using programs, SOLIDWORKS , Driveworks , Draftsight , Visual Studio , Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Microsoft office , Radan.
- Ability to independently apply engineering principles to design projects.
- Keen to solve complex challenges in a small team
Your Experience / Skills
SOLIDWORKS , Driveworks , Micrsoft Office , C# , Microsoft SQL
Driveworks , SOLIDWORKS
Depending on Experience ( £20,000 To £25,000 ) + Specialist training
Rochester , Kent
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: