Mechanical R&D Engineer
Salary: £27,500 - £35,000 DOE
Other Benefits: 25 Days Holiday, Flexible Working Hours, Discretionary Bonus
Expo Technologies are the world’s premier designers and manufacturers of protection equipment to hazardous area applications. Using the latest design technology for our design work, we have over 85 staff focused on providing creative and cost-effective solutions for our customers. An opportunity has now arisen for a Mechanical R&D Engineer to join our team.
As a Mechanical R&D Engineer, you will have an innovative problem-solving approach to product design, preparing concepts and prototypes to improve our current products as well as create new ones. We work in a highly regulated market so thorough attention to detail is essential as you work to obtain certification.
Your role will include:
• Research new technologies and their application
• Develop and design products from market input using SOLIDWORKS 2013
• Design and evaluation of prototypes
• Preparing technical documentation
• Obtain relevant certification to show compliance with applicable standards.
• Manage the lifecycle of a new product all the way through to production, including test plans and designing test equipment
• Provide training to customers, project engineers and production as required
For this role we are looking for a committed and hardworking individual with at least 5 years mechanical design experience in the manufacturing sector.
Experience in the following areas will be a distinct advantage:
• Pneumatic logic circuits
• Various manufacturing techniques incl, sheet metal, machining,
• Electronic control cabinets
• Hazardous Area environments ATEX, IEC Ex, NFPA