Date Posted: Tuesday 15 January 2019
An excellent exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to join an enthusiastic team in a fast moving, dynamic company. The ideal candidate will have a good interest in the Automotive Industry, ideally Motorcycles.
The role will involve new product design and validation from concept through to final production along with on-going engineering support of current production lines. A typical project could involve type approval of current models or a full new model range from concept to production.
Some of your responsibilities will include conceptual design, detail design for manufacture, technical documentation, design calculations and feasibility studies. You will be well organized and able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
Your Experience / Skills
• Good Mechanical CAD skills – Experience of SOLIDWORKS is essential. Experience with surface modelling would be an advantage.
• Experience with design for optimised manufacture of fabrications, castings, forgings, CNC, injection mould and vacuum formed components.
• FEA experience would be desirable.
• Compiling and managing technical documents and BOMs.
• Excellent Project management.
• A good electrical understanding would be an advantage.
• A good level of hands-on practical ability is desirable.
• General PC skills including MS Excel, Word is essential.
• Full UK driving license.