Date Posted: Friday 25 January 2019
As an experienced Electrical CAD Design Engineer/Designer/Draughtsperson you will work closely with our in-house electrical, electronic and mechanical developers to assist with the design process and to prepare professional, manufacturable, electrical documentation to recognised industry standards in the form of electrical schematics, electrical wiring diagrams, electrical enclosure layouts, electrical cable looms, electrical cable wiring assemblies in 3D and Bills of Materials. In-house developed solutions cater from one-off, high value, complex motion platforms through to high-volume, cost-sensitive application for mass markets where performance, reliability and costs are key development drivers.
You will have great communication skills and ably interface with the whole R&D team including software developers, mechanical engineers and product test specialists; in total, the development team is approximately 35 people.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
• Preparation of Electrical Design & Manufacturing Documentation to recognised international standards including …
Product Schematics, Cable Diagrams, Wiring Looms, Cable Routing & Bill of Materials
Your Experience / Skills
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent SOLIDWORKS Electrical* experience & detailed SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D* capabilities, developed with extensive use of the design software on similar applications for highly integrated, complex, electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Good working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS Mechanical*.
• Experience with SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management PDM (or similar).
• Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in the design of products for CE and Global Certification.
• PCB design & layout and BoM preparation.
• Understanding of design for EMC compliance.
• Experience creating solutions and designs of stepper and servo motor control circuits.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Enthusiasm for continuous learning with a positive “Can-Do” attitude.