Role: CAD Assistant to John Makepeace
Date Posted: Monday 13 January 2020
We have a rare vacancy for a CAD assistant to join our small studio which designs and makes extraordinary furniture for clients around the world. This is a unique opportunity to work with a highly-regarded designer and maker and professional experience at an exceptional level.
This one day a week role, possibly on Saturdays, is located in Beaminster, West Dorset, and would ideally suit a Product Designer or Designer Maker Graduate with established skills in SOLIDWORKS.
Your Experience / Skills
Skills Required :
- High competency with an industry standard CAD program such as SOLIDWORKS.
- Ability to interpret verbal, written and visual feeling into CAD drawings.
- Meticulous attention to detail with ability to create and modify drawings.
- High quality rendering of CAD drawings for presentation to clients.
- Ability to output complete set of technical drawings with appropriate annotations that a subcontractor can read and manufacture from.
- Ability to transfer CAD files between various CAD programs.
- Reliable, consistently high standards of work.
- A broad understanding of materials, their properties and processes and the motivation to excel.
To Apply :
Applications should email their application with the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter outlining your abilities and aspirations.
- Your CV with full details of your education, qualifications and experience.
- Three indicative examples of your work from each :
- Your sketch book.
- Detailed digital designs for manufacture.
- 3D Digital presentation drawings.
Beaminster, West Dorset
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: