Mi-Flues are in the business of manufacturing, designing, distributing, and installing great quality, competitively priced solutions for heating and other markets, which are supported by our industry recognised technical advice and backup service.
As part of the company’s growth strategy, we want an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Technical Team. You will be working from our premises in Summerhill, Co. Meath.
Main duties and responsibilities as part of the Technical Team, reporting to our Technical Manager
You will provide our industry recognised technical support and backup service on all our products to ensure the continued growth of the company by helping to build our brand. This will involve:
- Working with others in the company to help market new products by signing off on their adequacy and specifications
- Generating product improvements and additions to existing product ranges
- Training and developing our staff and customers on our products and product developments
- You will work with the Commercial Team as they provide Commercial Flue Solutions to customers, to achieve budget.
This will involve:
- Designing product and flue solutions
- Research; interpretation and application of Standards/Regulations/Other related documentation
- Generating quotes and other documentation
- Completing detailed customer drawings/specifications/flue calculations and other activities
- Carrying out site visits, liaising with customers, project managers, installers, where appropriate
You will work with the Production department, providing support to its processes, machinery, and personnel ensuring products are fit for purpose, meet quality standards, and are produced to meet scheduled delivery dates, to achieve budget.
- Third level qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years hands on experience in manufacturing/mechanical environment
- Proficient in using SOLIDWORKS design software to produce drawings and specifications
- Proficient in using AutoCad/DraftSight or other design packages
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suites – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Full clean driving licence
- Permit to work in Ireland
- Enthusiastic – willing to get involved and learn
- Self-starter – work under your own initiative
- Team - Capable of leading and participating in teams throughout the organisation to achieve project requirements
- Deadlines - Able to work to and meet required deadlines
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Lean approach – Efficient approach to all tasks, looking for improvements, minimising cost and reducing risk
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Communication skills – excellent, both written and verbal, and strong interactive skills
- Ability to understand and interpret appropriate standards and regulations
- Flexible – must be flexible in approach, capable of adapting to suit changing situations
- Client facing skills