Manufacture Assistant - Timber
As a rapidly expanding small family run company, we require a multi-skilled worker to work efficiently on the shop floor. Our factory is purpose built for the manufacture of bespoke timber handrails for the high end market – every one of our projects is tailor made to the customer’s requirements and it is critical that standards are never compromised.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of activities:
• Preparing raw materials – ripsawing, cross cutting, bandsawing and planing various exotic hardwoods
• Laminating materials – using various adhesives to bond materials prior to machining.
• Loading & Unloading the CNC router – using air powered tools to quickly and accurately load the machine bed as we produce handrails on the left and right hand sides simultaneously.
• Operating the 5 axis CNC router – loading pre-defined programs and manually operating speeds, feeds etc
• Hand finishing – Using machines and hand skills to sand each piece through various grades to achieve a high quality finish.
• Other Duties – General workshop duties, troubleshooting mechanical issues, taking charge of deliveries, quality control with raw materials, tooling re-grind requirements, setting up and using JIGs etc.
• Candidates must have minimum 2 years experience in the woodworking industry.
• Proven troubleshooting ability
• Knowledge of tooling and/or CNCs preferable
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Attention to detail and an eye for quality standards
• Excellent time management
• True team player