Role: Product Designer/Design Engineer
Date Posted: Wednesday 20 July 2016
Working closely with the Project Director on the planning and execution of new product development projects. Integrating within a highly motivated and self-disciplined team of product and industrial designers to provide market leading functional concept solutions with detail and integrity.
The typical tasks associated with the role will include, idea generation and problem solving, proof of principal Cad modelling and prototyping; Generation of unique IP; assistance with pre-sales presentations; liaison with manufacturers; commissioning preproduction product samples and pre-certification compliance.
Your Experience / Skills
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least 2 years experience, ideally some previous experience in design consulting.
• Have strong CAD skills in SOLIDWORKS
• Be able to demonstrate good visualisation skills for presenting concept direction
• Be able to demonstrate good level of understanding in designing for manufacture
• Have a good grasp of mechanical design and product detailing
• Be an excellent problem solver with the ability to innovate
• Be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
• Be proactive with strong time management skills
A good BSc or BA In Product Design or Design Engineering
Negotiable (Dependent on experience)
Power Tools, Hardware and Products
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: