Date Posted: Wednesday 27 July 2016
Shackletons are a leading manufacturer and supplier of contract furniture to the care industry. With over fifty years of experience they have established a reputation for creating distinctive furniture and interiors of the highest quality. They are experimental and innovative but often look to the past for inspiration, drawing on centuries of British craftsmanship and style. They also offer interior design services, bespoke pieces and accessories.
They have an exciting role for a Product Visualiser /Furniture Designer to join the team. This role requires interaction with sales and design staff from other disciplines and clients when required. You should be highly creative and have a good eye for design at the same time as demonstrating excellent rendering and detail drawing skills .In essence you will be required to sell the Shackletons sizzle. Your drive and enthusiasm is just as important as your technical ability and Shackletons puts great emphasis on team spirit.
• Work from briefs provided either by the client, sales or senior staff
• Generate and develop innovative designs for new products from first concept through to production drawings
• Produce high quality product and interior renderings
• Maintain a knowledge of the appropriate manufacturing techniques
• Interpret relevant trends
• Ensure all documents are kept current and all design information is accurate
Your Experience / Skills
To be considered for this role, you should:
• Be a problem solver who is able to multi-task
• Be a good communicator who has a creative and proactive approach
• Have a desire to learn and explore new ideas
• Be proficient in SOLIDWORKS (other CAD systems will be considered)
• Be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Together with your CV they require examples of your work in a portfolio/presentation format, ideally a PDF or PowerPoint document no larger than 8MB.