The successful candidate will have continued experience of using the SOLIDWORKS package and be confident in producing accurate 3D solid and surface models, as well as drawings, realtime renders and supporting the manufacturing team with BOMs etc. The candidate will model complex curved staircases and bespoke wooden handrails, as well as occasional other specialist items like furniture.
In return we will train you as part of this specialist small team, allowing you to work on some of the biggest & best construction projects throughout the UK – from Billionaires mansions to the Houses of Parliament.
The role will require monthly travel around the UK to various construction sites and customer premises/homes to carry out digital surveys, which will be used as the underlying geometry for the CAD models. Therefore a driving license is essential – vehicle will be provided.
The candidate must have:
- Good experience of using SOLIDWORKS. This is non-negotiable.
- Some working experience, preferably in manufacturing environment or CAD office
- Strong initiative
- Attention to detail
- Driving license
- Degree or similair qualification in product design / digital modelling / 3D CAD / Architecture
- Experience of working with staircases/joinery products
The candidate must be:
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Willing to travel occasionally
Good experience of using SOLIDWORKS.