Role: Tooling & Production Engineer
Date Posted: Wednesday 6 July 2022
Our engineering team, based in Milton Keynes, play a key role in both developing new products and processes. We now wish to strengthen the team and are seeking an experienced tooling engineer (Toolmaker).
- Report to and Support Engineering Manager.
- The candidate will work within our tool-room operating our CNC and manual lathes, mills, cylindrical & surface grinders to generate components required for in-house tooling or for parts directly required by our customers.
- You will be expected to utilise your skills in maintaining press & punch tools and welding mandrels as well as any necessary associated equipment such as jigs & fixtures, etc.
- Tooling strip down and diagnosis for repair.
- Tooling improvement.
- Support the production areas in technical assessment of tooling issues.
- Hands-on engineering of development tools and testing first offs for process and product optimisation.
- Excellent Mechanical Engineering and Tool Making skills and knowledge.
- Good ability to read Technical Drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
- Sound IT skills including CAD/CAM, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- A good team player who has the ability to work under their own initiative without close supervision.
Your Experience / Skills
Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the machining/tool-room environment.
• Time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
• HNC/HND in mechanical engineering would be an advantage.
£25K to £35K p.a.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: