Date Posted: Wednesday 4 June 2014
Reporting directly to the Project Lead or Technical Director, depending on the nature of the project, you will be working within a team of like-minded, young, enthusiastic mechanical engineers, focused on the design and development of new and exciting technology. Located on the ‘Design Bridge’, at the heart of a newly constructed manufacturing facility, your primary role will consist of the detailed CAD design of mechanical components from prototype to production articles.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the project, including:
• Research; mathematical modeling to determine viability and cost effectiveness
• Design; using CAD
• Testing; collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes
• Modification of designs and re-testing
• Reporting; writing or presenting regular progress reports
Your Experience / Skills
As a minimum, you should be degree level or have equivalent industry experience and be fluid in SOLIDWORKS, with a strong creative streak.
We will also be looking for additional skills, including:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Sound knowledge of CAD software
• Good understanding of manufacturing processes
• Ability to work in a team
• An understanding of the industry and an appreciation of demands on the business
We are a progressive company and we like our engineers to take an interest in the overall development process, from design through to finished product.