Date Posted: Wednesday 10 June 2015
EPS-UK – Job Description
Job Title Mechanical Design Engineer
Location SSA – Messenger Close, Loughborough
Responsible to Engineering Manager
Summary Working in the Design office, the Design Engineer will be responsible to the Engineering Manager for.
Content Primary Responsibilities
• Model and design products for high and low volume requirements.
• Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
• Establish design briefs.
• Identify and select suitable materials needed for production.
• Lists costs involved in production.
• Identify appropriate production processes.
• Clear understanding in best practices for 3D modelling.
• Confirm product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods.
• To produce designs and subsequent manufacture drawings and related documentation using primarily SOLIDWORKS CAD Software.
• Design systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials, and methods engineering production costs, and client specifications.
• To undertake mechanical design calculations when required.
• To undertake material and equipment specification.
• To discuss and interpret requirements and to prepare concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design.
• To discuss and resolve design related production problems with in-house manufacturing departments and suppliers.
• To review customer provided tender documentation and assess to compliance of company products to customers' requirements. To respond formally to the Sales Dept. providing technical information on the degree of compliance and corresponding non-compliance.
• Develop own personal technical competence.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Miscellaneous Occasional business travel – need to be mobile
Flexibility for overtime
Your Experience / Skills
5 Years Design Experience - Preferably in an Electrical Environment