Over the last two years, Revo has been increasing its automotive hardware range for the aftermarket performance sector, as such the department is looking to grow further with a new apprentice CAD engineer. We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in the automotive sector with a good understanding of the mechanical aspect but not essential. The candidate must have a high level of SOLIDWORKS CAD experience.
The candidate would need to be self-motivated and able to use their own initiative when required. Attention to detail is key with good problem solving and communication skills. The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is critical. You will be required to come up with design ideas based off of a project requirement for a range of VAG and Ford models that will assist in the performance of the vehicle. The designs will then need to be moved through the stages from concept, to mock up, samples, testing and evaluation and finally sign off, so a good hands-on practical individual would be ideal.
• Conceptual and detailed design of vehicle components and systems
• Assist in taking design concept through to product sign off
• Fault diagnosis and resolution
• Performance monitoring and roadside support
• Liaison with calibration and engineering to understand system performance and development direction
• When required, to assist in design work related to all areas and requirements within Revo
• The design of jig and tooling components
• Testing and monitoring of design to product sign off