The Draughtsperson is a key member of the team who, with assistance and guidance will produce drawings and details ready for approval by our clients and then into manufacture. It is essential that the information contained within the drawings is accurate and presentable to avoid misinterpretation. Reporting to the Design Manager they will be aware of programme and any constraints that should be included in the Design.
Roles & Responsibilities - Tender Feasibility Stage
• With direction from the technical manager produce 3D models and drawings of Design Concepts to be included in the Tender returns
• Discuss design details with the Design Manager and Contracts manager when necessary to produce typical detail for inclusion on GA drawings to be issued to our clients
• Interpret and incorporate structural engineers calculations into the design
• Produce clear, accurate and detailed General Arrangement Drawings in line with current company standards on 3D software utilising client drawings and specification
• Once drawings are produced, fabrication drawings should be created for manufacture
• Create BOM’s for issue to the administration department for the creation of jobcards.
• Provide as built information for inclusion in the Health and Safety file
Your Experience / Skills
Previous experience in an engineering company essential.