The Design Engineer role within LNS Turbo UK Ltd is a key link between the customer, the sales department, and the manufacturing side of the business. The Design Engineer will further enhance the engineering team and increase resource in the department, with the primary goal of increasing the throughput and enhancing the service level of the engineering team.
For the European CCM Market, including the UK domestic market, a Design Engineer within LNS Turbo UK Ltd is responsible to carry out the appropriate sales and service support for agents at a highly technical level. It is not expected the role is primary contact for European agents, but involvement on specific projects will be expected.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide engineering assistance to sales, service and manufacturing departments as necessary.
- Working to deadlines set for the design/re-design/design update of company manufactured products to meet company-defined standards and customer requirements with due regard to CE regulations and general health and safety.
- Provision of general layout, assembly drawings, detail drawings as necessary.
- Processing engineering changes.
- Producing bills of material as required.
- Visiting customers as necessary with regard to measure-up/designs and first fit verifications. (Company expense rules apply).
- Any other duties within the capabilities and training of the individual in line with the needs of the company.
- To attend training organised by the company in house or off-site.
- To work with production on improving new and existing designs.
- 1st Tier liaison for special OE’s
- Professional engineer
- Mechanical engineering background
- Experience of machine tool industry, machining centre and/or lathes – ideal but not a necessity
- Experience of pump and flow technology
- Experience of swarf management systems preferable
- Qualification: minimum HNC or equivalent
- 3D CAD experience – SOLIDWORKS essential
- Working experience: experience of working within a design department, CAD modelling, design drafting
- Knowledge and understanding of product bill of materials, routing and product cost structures
- Team player
- Communication: written and oral
- Able to work to deadlines
- Flexible approach, able to multitask