PROJECT DESIGN ENGINEER
Office based in Waterlooville, Hampshire with occasional offsite visits
WPL is an internationally recognised leader in the design, manufacture and supply of standardised and bespoke environmental solutions.
We are currently looking for a Project Design Engineer to boost our engineering capacity.
• Creation of design drawings, construction drawings and parts lists using AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS
• To design concept generation sketches through to batch manufacturing
• Structured BOM’s for all products and projects
• Close manufacturing support for constant design improvements and faster assembly times
• Ongoing product development to bring dated 2D drawings up to date
• Reverse engineering 2D component drawings and bringing them into 3D CAD modules, into assemblies and standardising going forward
• Ordering and expediting component delivery
• Communicating with the customer and other departments on job by job basis
• Interpreting the customer’s requirements of a product / into product
• Support of the customer, with regards to technical enquiries
• Provide support to Sales and Service departments
• Understand the requirements of other departments and the time required to complete certain tasks.
• Completion of product designs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Knowledge of treatment plant process engineering and offering technical support in this capacity