We are the UK’s leading manufacturer of commercial vehicle trailers, curtain-siders, box vans & rigid bodywork. Due to a continually strong order book and workload, we are looking to increase our Engineering team. We are interested in hearing from Design or Mechanical Engineers to assist within the design office, which utilises the SOLIDWORKS CAD package.
This dynamic role will involve working from initial concept, through design, development, manufacture and completion on a variety of product types and specifications.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable background and understanding of the Mechanical/ Design Engineering discipline and be keen to advance their own understanding of the subject through on the job learning and training, in what is a fast paced and innovative department and company.
• Design solutions to customer truck/ trailer orders, within defined timescales and budgets
• Product development/ Innovation/ Research & Development (approx. 20% of time)
• Creation and issuing of Bill of Materials for customer orders to the ERP system
• Creation of manufacturing & assembly drawings
• Part and drawing amendments updates via a defined change control procedure
• Liaison with internal departments including production, purchasing, sales, aftersales, electrical etc to ensure successful completion of the order/ project
• Liaison with customers and suppliers