Role: Product Design Engineer
Date Posted: Tuesday 23 June 2020
PulseTeq is a supplier of specialist RF coils for the Magnetic Resonance research community and is now developing novel new RF coils for the clinical MRI market. The company now seeks a mechanical engineer to join our in-house team responsible for design, engineering and project management of our new RF coils.
The company seeks a mechanical design engineer ideally with medical devices experience. In addition experience in electro-mechanical engineering or in development of magnetic resonance systems would be of particular interest. The individual will work with the company’s RF engineers throughout the product development programme: working to determine product requirements, develop concept designs and follow this through to completion of design for production.
The company seeks individuals who is skilled, motivated, adaptable and prepared to take on a range of tasks and responsibilities. This position has the potential for increased responsibility as the company’s business expands.
There is also the potential for this role to be a short term contract.
Your Experience / Skills
The individual should have the following skills.
- Mechanical engineering design – expert in the use of SOLIDWORKS.
- Experience of designing in plastic is of particular relevance – including parts that are machined, vacuum cast or 3D printed.
- Experience in design of electronic assemblies
- Hands-on approach to engineering prototypes: – taking responsibility to build prototypes and custom designs including assembling and testing the design to show it meets the design and regulatory requirements.
- Risk analysis and mitigation processes.
- Project management of both prototype design and engineering for production
Mechanical Design Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in a relevant or similar field
Chobham, Surrey or possibly Oxford area
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: