Senior Product Cyber Security Engineer
Turntide Technologies is helping turn the tide on climate change with breakthrough technologies that accelerate electrification and sustainable operations for energy-intensive industries. We develop full-stack, integrated, open systems that support commercial and industrial electric vehicles, building operations, and agriculture to optimize how the world uses energy, so every watt is worthwhile for humanity. We’re looking for curious, intelligent, collaborative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the sustainability of our planet.
Turntide are now creating sustainable and efficient transportation solutions in the long tail of the electrification revolution. Markets including agriculture, construction, rail, and marine are all looking to improve their emissions and efficiency, and this is a great opportunity for the right engineer to support this revolution. As a key part of the Cyber Security engineering group you will work cross-functionally with exceptional engineers in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The Coordination between cybersecurity engineering and expertise from other disciplines can support the in-depth analysis and mitigation of specific cybersecurity risks. You will provide operational and technical expertise that will ensure the successful specification, design, implementation, and integration of industrial, automotive, and aerospace systems.
As Senior Product Cyber Security Engineer you are responsible for assuring the Cyber Security of a Turntide Product, by leading the Cyber Security activities through the life cycle of the product (System, Software, Hardware, Production) and Identify threats, analyse attack path and feasibility, perform risk assessments, estimate the CAL, derive the Security Goals and document Security claims.
In this role you will lead appropriate security analysis to ensure all product development security activities are performed according to relevant security standards (TARA, THROP, FMEA, FTA etc.), ensuring that the systems and components delivered are in line with the best cyber security practices and at the same time compliant with the other features and functionalities of the vehicle safely and securely. Also you will maintain familiarity of relevant security standards of Automotive, Industry, Machinery, Marine, Aerospace and managing product security work products, particularly for Automotive, Industrial and Machinery standards e.g.ISO21434 / UNECE regulations.
- Must have CyberSecurity Engineering experience qualified to MSc/MTech/ME/BE/BTech in Electrical / Electronic or related field (preferably with a focus on electric drive systems; power electronics, energy storage systems and/or motors , Cybersecurity)
- Hardware Security Module or its equivalent and its use cases.
- Wide engineering background with experience in complex systems with electrical machines/Combustion engines, power electronics and software.
- Experienced with requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cradle, Polarion etc.
- Performing independent verification review of the peer Cyber Security work products.
- Verifying and validating products against Cyber Security requirements and the Cyber Security Architecture.
- Perform penetration tests as a part of Software and System qualification tests and timely communication of the findings to the respective stakeholder and track them to closure.
- Perform System/Software design using SYSML / Modelling tools like Enterprise Architect, System composer.
- Perform modelling and simulation as a proof of security concept to support the System/ Hardware/ Software design.
- Lead internal and external certification activities, audits, and cyber security standard reviews.
- First point of Technical contact with the OEM to get agreement on the requirements, Security concept and issues resolution.
- Analysing and improving product security by researching relevant markets, communicating with the Cyber Security manager / Chief product Security officer, and by monitoring product usage and incidents.
At this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you’re reading. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Turntide's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want people to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay, and do their best work here.
- Automotive Cyber Security certification.
- Automotive, Machinery, Aerospace (or similar) large electronics safety/security product development.
- Knowledge in Autosar.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid/flexible working options
- Enhanced Company pension scheme
- Life insurance annual salary
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & SPL
- Employee assistance wellbeing scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym and restaurant (Gateshead site only)
- Eyecare support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional two day’s annual leave
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Turntide Technologies is committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of recruitment and selection, in line with its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy in addition to our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity. As such, any applicant with a disability will not be excluded unless unable to perform a duty intrinsic to the role, having considered reasonable adjustments. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
Please contact the UK Recruitment team to discuss or request any reasonable adjustments or find out any further information regarding this position.