Date Posted: Monday 27 March 2017
Reckitt Benckiser is a global success story in Health, Hygiene and Home products. Our success is led by successful brands such as: Dettol, Scholl, Durex, Air Wick, Harpic, Finish, and Vanish that aim to achieve global market leadership. Our vision is a world where people are healthier and live better. Our purpose is to make a difference by giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
Overview: Plan and deliver industrial design initiatives, primarily supporting structural (3D) packaging and product delivery methods, in support of all RB Powerbrands across our Health, Hygiene and Home pillars, in alignment with Corporate and Category innovation strategies.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Global Packaging Innovation Manager, conceptualize and develop new Structural Packaging, Mechanical Devices and a wide variety of product delivery methods by:
o Assisting in the identification of strategic consumer, technology, and product insights
o Develop compelling designs from conception through proof of principle that meet identified insights, with ultimate goal of increasing quality of structural packaging innovation across all Powerbrand pipelines.
o Manage the development and delivery of the design proposition of established projects
• Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders; Category R&D, Marketing, Global Design, and Supply, as well as external agencies and suppliers
• Compose design / development briefs to ensuring that identified targets are delivered
• Ensure all projects effectively consider the fundamental; consumer, brand, cost, technical and quality success criteria.
• Proactively track and respond to competitor threats by understanding their development activities and identifying strategic responsive solutions.
• Seek and protect technical invention via patenting whenever possible.
• Forecast and manage both team & project budgets, ensuring team operation objectives are met within allocated funds.
• Live the company's core values of Achievement, Partnership, Entrepreneurship and Commitment.
Your Experience / Skills
• Minimum BA / BS degree in Industrial Design
• • Extensive experience in Manufacturing or Design Consultancy post graduating.
• Creative lateral thinking and passionate problem solver – ability to disrupt “the norm”.
• Exceptional sketching ability and advanced form development.
• Creative, collaborative, and positive approach to innovation and complex structural challenges.
• Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding, Blow Moulding, and other material forming technologies
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral – delivered to both a technical & non- technical audience
• Proficient in the use of 3D CAD, preferably SOLIDWORKS
• Proficient in the use of 2D design software, e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Proficient in constructing proof of principle prototypes to effectively demonstrate ideas using in house workshop & 3d Printing facilities.
• Proficient with business software, including MS Office.
• Ability to cost of the structural ideas & actively contribute to creative cost reduction projects
• Knowledge of Electro-mechanical products & assembly methods
• Ability to operate effectively & collaboratively in multifunctional teams - such as R&D Scientists, Marketing and with external suppliers (manufacturers & consultants)
• Ability to display a degree of flexibility and adapt effectively to change & the “RB Culture”
• Flexible to travel (internationally) at short notice for periods of up to 2 weeks