Date Posted: Wednesday 28 March 2018
Broadley Group Ltd is an established Construction, Maintenance and Refurbishment Company with an In-House Joinery Division notching up 2017 as a record year. Due to an increase in our pipeline of secured contracts for 2017 and 2018 we require the following person to join our team:
Working in a fast-moving environment against tight deadlines the successful candidate will be fully conversant with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD and be capable of using the Swood add on to develop and communicate the technical and visual aspects of our products.
Depending on the client requirements you will be liaising with internal and external customers, understanding their requirements and produce cost effective solutions
The SOLIDWORKS Design Engineer will have the skills and knowledge to design and detail a wide range of steel, timber and solid surface products, including fixing and finishing methods. These specifications will be informed by initial customer enquiry and evolve through GA drawings and rendered visuals through to a full manufacturing pack with an accurate BOM.
Your Experience / Skills
• Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD
• Demonstrate experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment.
• Ability to communicate equally well with customers and technical staff.
• Self-motivation in personal and departmental development.
• In-depth knowledge of SOLIDWORKS custom properties and parametric linking.
• Exposure to SOLIDWORKS Visualize for creating high-quality rendered images.
• Excellent technical aptitude in steel and timber fabrication.
• SOLIDWORKS official certifications as proof of software proficiency.
• Background in Wood based and Steel Manufacture.