Date Posted: Monday 19 March 2018
Shades Technics is a specialist systems and product design company providing effective, fully engineered turnkey solutions for a wide range of applications and markets. Boasting an impressive track record of technical innovations, the company has established itself as a leading global supplier to the automotive industry. The company’s services extend from low volume conceptual design and prototyping through to high volume serial manufacture and worldwide delivery. Our customer base, ranges from Multinationals such as Volvo and MAN to smaller enterprises looking to take advantage of our design and prototyping expertise.
Shades Technics is a leading Design and Engineering company in the supply of modular toilet cubicles and kitchen units for the coach industry. We manufacture and design complete systems for worldwide distribution, producing tooling in-house and designing the individual components within them. We work with GRP and design parts made from injection moulding, roto-moulding and metal spinning, amongst others.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Design Engineer to support a small team in the creation of new products and provide support for existing products. The job role offers variety, the opportunity to travel, along with a real chance to develop the skills required to take a concept to reality. A key strength to our success is Design and Manufacture.
Reporting to: Design Engineering Manager
Job Purpose: Design of new, along with the development of existing products
• Generate ideas/designs in CAD and realise them through engineering drawings and CAM.
• Hands on approach to design i.e. Involvement in shop floor activities which is essential to fully understand the manufacturing process.
• To produce 3D CAD models and engineering drawings.
• To complete technical documentation e.g. Product presentations, BOMs, Manuals, data sheets, procedures, technical drawings.
• Liaise with all internal departments, customers and supply chain.
• To be responsible for ongoing product development projects and continuous improvement requests.
• To maintain and update drawing database as instructed by the Design Manager.
• Travel, in order to support existing and new product development.
• To be responsible for own health and safety and personal development, keeping up to date with relevant role specific considerations.
Where necessary, training will be given in SOLIDWORKS and SolidCAM as well as an induction on the shop floor and CNC shop.
Your Experience / Skills
Workshop tools etc.
Design for Manufacture Manufacturing Processes
Ability to work with minimal
Circumstances Available within 3 months
Situated or willing to relocate within 20 miles
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Mr L Merhemitch (email@example.com)
Shades Technics Ltd
Units E3 & E4 R D Park
Herts EN11 0BW