Date Posted: Friday 26 March 2021
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. We’re looking for a CAD Engineer to join our CAD & Configuration Team. This role supports the provision of timely and professional CAD & Configuration services in support of safe and effective assets and associated equipment throughout their operational life.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £30,978 - £36445 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
As a CAD Engineer, you will be tasked with focus on the following areas:
- To carry out specialist expert level CAD work within one or more of the engineering and supply department delivery and project cells.
- To work closely with specialist engineers in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, and Naval Architecture disciplines.
To carry out engineering change control of digital assets in support of achieving effective through life configuration of assets and associated equipment.
- To attend meetings, inspections, trials etc, as and when required, as part of the provision of general technical support provided by the engineering and supply delivery and project cells.
- To assist in providing technical support to coastal staff and volunteers.
Your Experience / Skills
You’ll be self-motivated, innovative and flexible, and eager to use and share your skills and experience; enjoy spending a high percentage of the working week utilising your specialised CAD skills; are logical and structured in your approach to tasks; are effective in a team environment and able to take the lead when required; are customer focused and confident when liaising with both internal and external customers and suppliers; have good verbal and written communication skills; have a pro-active can-do attitude.
To be considered as a CAD Engineer you will need:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Significant and proficient commercial use of using SOLIDWORKS 3D & 2D CAD (or similar);
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to collaborate and work with others to solve problems.
So, if you think you have the right technical knowledge and experience and want to see how a CAD Engineer role supports our organisation’s aim to reduce drowning, this could be the role for you. Please apply.