Technical Designer / Engineer
Signbox Ltd are searching for a passionate and detail-oriented technical designer or engineer (Depending on experience) to join our Technical Team.
In this role, you will take the concepts sold by our sales team and convert them into reality ready for the production department to prototype or manufacture. Understanding concept design ideas and developing them for operations to release the job to production, detailing material selection, manufacturing method and hand holding the process through to the client ensuring there is sufficient detail to manufacture, purchase and meet the sales teams concepts.
A successful technical designer will be passionate, with an eye for detail, and possess great technical and Manufacturing acumen. Ideal candidates should be deadline-driven and demonstrate sound knowledge of SOLIDWORKS software. The main tool for executing this job will be CAD work and using SOLIDWORKS to create the full product specification.
Spending most of the time within the office and the factory ensuring the whole process is managed smoothly and productively, constantly reviewing how the job has progressed.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with manufacturing, vendors to ensure that product specifications are viable.
- Produce manufacturing drawings and determining required manufacturing processes and resources to meet project deadlines.
- Implementing design changes and making contingency plans as necessary.
- Liaising with manufacturing and Sales reporting back to senior management.
- Establishing quality control standards.
- Ensuring all products are of high-quality and that they conform to company standards and brand values.
- Evaluating prototypes and inspecting finished products to ensure that they are free from defects.
Technical Designer Requirements:
- Extremely competent with manufacturing and CAD based software (SOLIDWORKS)
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing techniques, the sign industry or similar manufacturing (retail or carpentry or exhibition industry)
- Deadline-driven and committed to quality.
- Contributory pension scheme, free life insurance and long-term sickness cover
Manufacturing Experience and CADCAM