International Client base, luxury Retail Interiors, Commercial & Architectural projects (opportunity for some international travel)
Based in Greater London TW12. This shop fitting manufacturer create & install high end interiors & fixtures for some of the world’s leading brands & they are on the lookout for an enthusiastic, motivated CAD/CAM designer to join their dedicated design team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven design background/training & previous experience working in the high-end interior & high-end retail shop fitting sectors. Will be self organising & will have a keen eye for detail.
Reliable, with strong communication skills & ability to work as part of a team?
Applicants must have advanced working knowledge of industry standard CAD/CAM software (preferably AutoCAD, Inventor, SOLIDWORKS or similar) & be competent of its application within the joinery & furniture industry. Must be confident in their abilities, be able to follow & communicate instruction to produce work to a high standard.
A progressive environment with training to suit, you will be working alongside a very well equipped modern workshop creating bespoke interiors for a range of high end retail chains. Working in an established ever-expanding team, they are looking for skilled workers to join their creative environment.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Value engineering & developing design from original brief through to manufacture
- Liaise with PM team/ attend site visits
- Troubleshooting to clients' brief. Working with other design professionals & contractors to establish any potential problems
- To carry out accurate surveys for bespoke joinery / fixture manufacture
- To create plans/elevations/sections & details for manufacture purposes
- To manage & update technical revisions/drawing registers as required for as-built issue
- Integrate 3rd party components, lighting & electrical elements into technical design
- Communicate with other team members in order to produce accurate, comprehensive drawing packs for manufacture
- Understand & produce architectural drawings, schedules & specifications
- To communicate with other consultants & suppliers as required
- Scheme development - reviewing shop drawings, hand-sketching
- Work to a deadline