Are you an experienced Embedded Software Engineer looking to improve humanity’s communications infrastructure?
Joining us at Archangel Lightworks, you will be responsible for the development of our embedded software, from architecture to implementation. You will work closely with the project lead and control systems engineer to deliver high performance embedded control systems.
Join us and you will be working with a fun, experienced, and forward-thinking space engineering team to deliver transformative free-space lasercom solutions to help solve some of Earth’s most critical problems, from economic inclusion to climate change. But that’s not all! We work extensively with aerospace primes, space agencies including ESA and specialist research partners which will provide you with exposure to cutting-edge technologies and exciting challenges, all in a fast-paced, supportive startup environment. You will be an integral part of a growing team which has already won international prizes and awards including having completed the Catalyst Accelerator which is backed by the US Air Force, Space Force and Microsoft.You will make an impact by:
- Delivering embedded software/firmware for our optical communication terminals
- Delivering software-related documentation, both for internal tracking and external project deliverables e.g. software design documentation
- Reviewing, updating, defining software architecture as needed
- Implementing embedded software/firmware peripheral interfacing, high performance pointing acquisition and tracking for lasercom
- Defining and executing software tests and supporting in-field full system tests
- Managing codebase and supporting tools
- Interfacing and managing external software/firmware contractors and other software engineers
- Supporting business development activities on an ad-hoc basis, e.g. in scoping, planning and costing
- Supporting project management and systems engineering, for software/firmware development.
Location: Hybrid with travel when required. Our office is currently based in Osney Mead, Oxford. Ideally 3-4 days per week will be in person in the office.By joining us, you will have:
- The opportunity to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology to support a world-changing vision;
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- Merit-based compensation (salary, equity options scheme), alongside pension contribution and annual leave allowance
- Investment in you to help you grow, with training resources and budget
- A supportive team culture with high levels of ownership and responsibility
- Annual team retreat, regular socials and weekly team lunch
- A variety of additional perks including goodies, shopping discounts, learning and wellbeing app subscriptions.