Date Posted: Wednesday 21 May 2014
Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd is the European division of the Transportation Division of Industrial & Social Infrastructure Systems Company of Hitachi Ltd. Following the success of our Javelin trains and the recent Intercity Express Programme contract award, we are going from strength to strength. Building on a proud history in the rail industry and a global reputation for quality, reliability, innovation, design and technological leadership, Hitachi Rail Europe is committed to the long-term development of a strong rail and infrastructure industry in the UK and Europe.
We are now looking to build our Hitachi Rail Europe UK Design Office Team and we have an exciting range of opportunities available. This is a fantastic chance to join at the outset and be a key part of the growing team who will produce innovative designs for our trains and associated systems.
• Using CAD systems and/or electrical schematics to produce mechanical and electrical component designs for trains and associated systems.
• Component and system assembly through CAD to demonstrate compatibility and assembly techniques.
• Produce engineering CAD data suitable for the manufacture of components and systems.
• Manage CAD data ensuring that configuration is controlled in accordance with company standards.
• Assist in supplier selection process of 3rd party supplier systems by participating in technical (RFQ’s) Requests For Quotation and meeting suppliers to explain the requirements.
• Assist in supplier management relationships by supporting suppliers with technical input and comments and management against a programme.
• Working as part of the Design office team in delivering output against the common goal of programme delivery schedule and budget.
The role involves working within multicultural teams and will include regular travel within the UK and Europe together with trips to Japan (including a 6 month placement in Japan in 2015/2016)
Your Experience / Skills
Key skills and knowledge to include:
• Experience in the operation and application of CAD, preferably SOLIDWORKS and Autocad together with electrical schematic packages.
• Experience in engineering design of mechanical systems technology in all or part of the following; the detailed design, prototype, test and build of passenger vehicles including, trains, cars, vans, buses, MOD, aeroplanes and fixed or mobile plant structures such as wind farms, cranes or earth moving machines.
• Experience in the use and analysis of results from FEA modelling.
• Understanding and application of design and build standards for systems including electrical, mechanical and pneumatic in structures and/or passenger vehicles construction.
• Familiar with the general requirements of standards for structures and/or interior construction.