Date Posted: Thursday 28 May 2015
Whitmore Europe Limited is located in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire and specialises in the design, manufacture and sales of rail friction control products to the rail industry.
We are looking to recruit an experienced full time mechanical design engineer for the position of Design Engineer at our Welwyn Garden City facility.
The key role responsibilities will include:
• Support the existing engineering team in all routine aspects of product engineering in the company (product conceptual design, prototyping to production and onward development)
• Support business quality, environmental and rail procedures.
• Enhance existing product site support and installation resource
• General office duties and support for existing team
• Support existing production team
• Increase capacity for product design and ongoing support
• Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to internal and external customers.
• Assist in all related activities to achieve company product development objectives.
Key traits for success in this position include:
• Problem-solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Mechanical aptitude
• Hands on (in factory and on-site environments)
• Ability to handle multiple projects and a team player
• Ability to handle pressure
Whitmore Europe utilises SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD software packages. It is essential that the successful candidate has a good working knowledge of these software packages together with a good working knowledge and understanding of MS Office software.
We are seeking an experienced engineer ideally with both detail design and site work experience, proven experience is more important to us than an engineering degree. A self-motivated individual with proven experience of working in a close team is essential.
Whitmore Europe is a small and highly focused organisation. The advertised role requires a ‘can do’ attitude together with a willingness to take on anything within the company. The role outlined above should be seen as a minimum requirement. The role is envisaged to be largely office based but there is a need to visit rail sites from time to time. This will involve passing a Personal Track Safety course (PTS) along with a medical. Work on track can be weekdays, nights or weekends – such work may be in the UK or occasionally overseas.
We would welcome CV’s and supporting examples of engineering design work undertaken for our review.
Your Experience / Skills
Minimum 5 years mechanical design experience