Date Posted: Thursday 18 May 2017
Working under own initiative, with support from our close-knit Project Engineering team, fulfilling “inception to completion” design and draughting requirements for food processing lines.
Developing models and fabrication drawings. Sheet-metal formations and structural steelwork. Working to and delivering highly hygienic (food safe) design standards.
Delivering the wider project needs includes:-
• Site survey of operating areas
• Steelwork design, load bearing calculations, fabrication drawings.
• Access walkways and staircase design and fabrication drawings.
• Documented risk assessments for the specific solutions and the interacting layout.
• Process layout refinement and design of interconnecting transfer chutes etc.
• Identify foot-loadings for civils interaction.
• Identify utility connection points for the process layout.
• Receive “as installed” layouts from the installing engineer and update as necessary.
Flo-Mech has a developing range of process solutions. In the process of our company driving forwards, the ideal candidate will have experience in:-
• Food machinery design
• Hygienic solutions, mostly in stainless steel fabrication
• Fabrication processes
• CE marking, machinery directive and guarding requirements
• Conversant with 2D & 3D
Flo-Mech covers the following Industry sectors:-
Snacks food manufacturing – high volume production lines
Root crop processing
Project management of turn-key facilities
Working with a dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers working under own initiative. Casual yet professional open-plan office environment.
Excellent job satisfaction through turn-key “cradle to grave” involvement.
Base salary is dependent on experience and candidates specific attributes
Weekday overtime of x1, Weekend overtime of x1.5 and Bank Holidays @ x2
20 days holiday Jan-Dec plus 1 day for each year served to maximum 26 + public holidays
Private healthcare after qualifying period
Company contributory pension scheme
Your Experience / Skills
Candidate (minimum) Attributes
HNC/HND qualification in engineering
3 years industrial experience
Previous experience in equipment design and fabrication techniques
3D SOLIDWORKS trained and competent – industrial fabrication drawings
Dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible approach and willing to travel (occasional need for foreign surveys)
Excellent value engineering approach
Excellent people skills and clear communicator with the ability to form strong team bonds
Computer literate with working knowledge of the following:-