Date Posted: Thursday 25 May 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced MANUFACTURING ENGINEER to join a young, dynamic and growing company. This a permanent and full time post for a Manufacturing Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will work within a small cross-functional team developing / designing and building electric motors for various industries with the aid of SOLIDWORKS. The job role will range from build to print to fully bespoke applications.
The role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to be the link between ALL Production Departments, Engineering Design & our MRP procedures, and will be responsible for transferring design data into defined manufacturing processes & instructions.
The individual must possess superior visualisation skills in interpreting drawings into component form as this is mandatory in converting 3D models and 2D drawings into robust Bills of Materials (BOM’s) & routings. The role is varied and requires the appointed person to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.
This position requires:-
• Design of production and assembly tooling.
• Project-management of the introduction of new products and processes, and ensure that these meet the requirements of the business, initiating a NPI project plan and communicate requirements to all involved.
• Identify opportunities that would improve process throughput, cost control and quality which may require additional support or investment.
• Set up the optimised production route & BOM within manufacturing system so that work progresses through the factory in an efficient manner.
• Analyse solid models and/or drawings, choosing the most efficient method of assembly, understanding of time and equipment required to produce, and interact with the engineering team to suggest design improvements for manufacturability.
• Manage In-house assemblies & set-up within the MRP system including the timely completion of routings and BOM’s.
• Maintaining and updating computer records.
• Prepare Risk Assessments for new & existing products and processes and advise in improving Health and Safety procedures and instructions
• CAD user (ideally SOLIDWORKS).
• Time served toolmaker or machine room background with electrical bias for high end products advantageous.
• Understanding of MRP/ERP systems & procedures and has good software experience with MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
• Hold extensive experience and expertise in producing "production BOM’s and factory routing for products around an ISO accredited manufacturing organisation.
• Ability to carry out PFMEA.
• Be pro-active, a team player with high regard and consideration of others.
• High attention to detail and ability to achieve high levels of accuracy.
Overseas customer and supplier visits may occasionally be required but are not the ‘norm’. The position requires a driving license and valid passport.