Date Posted: Tuesday 1 May 2018
· To take control and responsibility for the Quality of components and final assemblies. Both QA and QC.
· A dedicated Quality Engineer is needed to ensure that the appropriate time is given to ensure the company’s products are not compromised by poor quality.
· This role is currently being absorbed within the Engineering team and as the company grows in both volume and diversity of products, this is not sustainable.
· Due to the diversity of this role it would suit a good allrounder with an engineering background, not necessarily a Quality specialist.
Your Experience / Skills
Key roles and Responsibilities
· Responsibility for quality of outgoing product and incoming components.
· Involved in the whole process of concept to end of life
· To work with suppliers in the UK and overseas to ensure that incoming components are of the required quality and as specified.
· To help with checking of engineering drawings
· Contribute to design reviews
· Develop and refine the QA process within an agile and fast-moving environment
· Maintain Quality information required on drawings and specification of components and assemblies
· Manage the change control process
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
· Flexibility of mind to work within an agile working environment
· Good communicator both verbal and written
· Ability to generate concise unambiguous quality reports
· To work quickly and efficiently in a fast-moving company
· Experience in dealing with Far Eastern suppliers
· Understanding of manufacturing methods and materials for batch and high volume production
· Some experience using SOLIDWORKS
· Experience of PDM for maintaining data revision control
· MS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Basic understanding of Injection Moulding, High Pressure Die Casting, Sheet Metal Work.