Role: Quality Engineer
Date Posted: Tuesday 1 May 2018
· To take control and responsibility for the Quality of components and final assemblies. Both QA and QC.
· A dedicated Quality Engineer is needed to ensure that the appropriate time is given to ensure the company’s products are not compromised by poor quality.
· This role is currently being absorbed within the Engineering team and as the company grows in both volume and diversity of products, this is not sustainable.
· Due to the diversity of this role it would suit a good allrounder with an engineering background, not necessarily a Quality specialist.
Your Experience / Skills
Key roles and Responsibilities
· Responsibility for quality of outgoing product and incoming components.
· Involved in the whole process of concept to end of life
· To work with suppliers in the UK and overseas to ensure that incoming components are of the required quality and as specified.
· To help with checking of engineering drawings
· Contribute to design reviews
· Develop and refine the QA process within an agile and fast-moving environment
· Maintain Quality information required on drawings and specification of components and assemblies
· Manage the change control process
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
· Flexibility of mind to work within an agile working environment
· Good communicator both verbal and written
· Ability to generate concise unambiguous quality reports
· To work quickly and efficiently in a fast-moving company
· Experience in dealing with Far Eastern suppliers
· Understanding of manufacturing methods and materials for batch and high volume production
· Some experience using SOLIDWORKS
· Experience of PDM for maintaining data revision control
· MS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Basic understanding of Injection Moulding, High Pressure Die Casting, Sheet Metal Work.
· Recognised engineering qualification, to HNC or equivalent
· Experience working in Engineering batch volume environment
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: