This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding design and engineering company in Hamble, Southampton, specialising in the area of Marine Systems.
As a young and fast-growing business, we specialise in supplying tailored design services for sailing yachts, motor yachts, superyacht tenders and workboats across mechanical, electrical, domestic and hydraulic disciplines. We work in 2D and 3D to supply our clients design solutions ready for installation.
We are looking for a talented candidate to join our engineering team, with the ability to cover a variety of design aspects to include;
• Produce 2D & 3D systems architecture drawings
• Detailed design from concept to production with high attention to detail
• Liaising with different manufacturers and suppliers to enhance design
• Manage drawing folders
• Be involved in product development meetings
Experience in the following areas;
• BEng / MEng degree with marine experience beneficial
• SOLIDWORKS experience beneficial
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes (for plastic/metal) and its design requirements.
• Experience with the development cycle from specification, design and manufacture.
• Experience in mechanical, electrical, domestic and hydraulic disciplines beneficial.
The candidate needs to be an enthusiastic and effective team player, a communicator who can efficiently work through challenging problems while maintaining accurate documentation and communicating technical concepts and progress to other members of the team. You will need to be able to organise your workload accordingly in order to provide finished design drawings within an agreed deadline.
6-month contract with opportunity to extend.