HV Wooding Ltd are a successful Engineering company based in Hythe, Kent. Our core skills are in the manufacture of metal pressings and copper busbars using a variety of processes, supplying some of Europe’s largest manufacturers.
We are looking for a Quality Manager with relevant experience within an engineering, manufacturing environment to lead our quality team.
The main purpose of this role will be to manage the quality process throughout the company by ensuring that production quality is defined and maintained by implementing a robust quality control process.
You will need to –
• have a strong personality with the ability to lead and influence others
• have significant quality, engineering and management experience
• have exceptional organisational skills
• have the ability to facilitate change
• have an analytical, methodical problem-solving approach
• be able to read and understand engineering drawings
• be able to competently use all metrology equipment
Key accountabilities for this role are –
• to review all products as part of the design process for potential quality issues
• to be responsible for DFMEA, control plans and process flow charts
• to analyse customer feedback and monitor return dates
• working with project leaders to discuss solutions to quality issues
• comply with ISO accreditation requirements
• investigate causes of quality problems and proposing solutions to quality issues
• to report on design, pre-production and production to check on the quality status of the product at all stages of production
• to ensure all QC staff receive necessary training
• to carry out staff appraisals
• to control all measuring equipment and ensure continued adherence to standards through regular calibration
• focus on root cause identification and rectification
• 8D reporting
Ideally, we are looking for someone who will drive change whilst supporting a dedicated team who will enjoy the challenge and responsibility of making a real difference. If you think you can help a traditional manufacturing company already achieving very high levels of performance, then we want to hear from you.
In return, we can offer you employment in an exciting, friendly, family owned company who can offer you a good salary, life insurance a contributory pension and free parking.
For further information please contact Jennie Olson, HR Manager on 01303 236538 or e mail your CV to email@example.com