Corby Steel Fabrications are recruiting a full time Mechanical Engineer for their growing team in Newtowngore, Co. Leitrim. Corby Steel Fabrications is a second-generation family business with over 30 years of experience in the engineering industry serving industrial manufacturing facilities. We work on diverse and exciting projects across the North West, Northern Ireland and mainland UK with world-leading industrial manufacturing and production facilities.
Our fabricating expertise includes structural and mechanical engineering and other specialist precision engineering work, in varying materials and grades. Our highly skilled and experienced team provide an exceptionally high standard of work, giving confidence to our clients that projects and products are delivered safely, on schedule, and exceeding expectations. Our team is expanding and we are investing in increased personnel and are looking for talented individuals to join us.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with an interest in the design and manufacture of steel solutions with a working knowledge of steelwork fabrication and CAD software. The ability to work independently, meet targets and engage collaboratively with both the team and clients are critical to this role. We have an emphasis on quality and client satisfaction, which is at the core of all our projects. We are looking for someone who enjoys this fast paced, high quality delivery of service and products.
This role will include work at our facility in Newtowngore and onsite work in a variety of locations.
Candidate ideally with 1-4 years experience post graduation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Review technical specifications and offer the best solution, issuing and tracking technical submittal documents to customers to obtain material approvals
- Use of 3D modelling software to formulate models and drawings of design solutions for projects and related components
- Knowledge of BIM modelling software to perform detailed calculations establishing standards and specifications
- Engage with the design team to offer the best solutions for site specific requirements
- Ensure work carried out is of the highest quality standard
- Engage with the estimating team for material costing at the tender stage.
- Review specifications and client requirements
- Lead Design to Cost (DtC) and Value Engineering (VE) exercises to drive cost optimisation
- Set up standards and templates to streamline processes
- Working with suppliers to negotiate prices and establish price structures.