Date Posted: Monday 17 November 2014
Mechanical Design Engineer
BMM Weston Ltd are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
You will be involved in the design and development of medical equipment used within the decontamination industry. The successful candidate will also, after a period of in-house training, be required to give technical support and assistance to other departments within the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to work with the most up to date CAD package. SOLIDWORKS 2014 has recently been installed and training will be given to the successful candidate. A ‘hands on’ approach is also encouraged and involvement in the build of prototype design will be considered vital.
Your Experience / Skills
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – with training
• Designing and implementing mechanical designs that meet the requirements of the Machinery, Pressure and Medical Device directives.
• The creation and ongoing review of technical drawings, schemes and designs of components and assemblies.
• Providing technical support to the production and service teams.
• Keep abreast of current techniques, best practice and regulatory requirements in mechanical engineering and introducing new methods where necessary.
• To be responsible for cost-effective design
• To ensure that all relevant company and statutory health & safety requirements, policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Mechanical engineering graduate.
• Mechanical engineering HND level qualification with experience.
• Knowledge of sheet metal design, pressure vessel design, pipe work systems or electrics would be an advantage
• Awareness of ISO quality systems.
• Good communication skills
£30k+ depending on candidate
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: