Reporting to a Technical Manager the successful candidate will control all product development and technical issues from material specification and tool design to outsourcing engineered solutions and customer support. Based at our Fenton site they will also be responsible for:
• Developing existing systems to reduce design to market lead times and to control the flow of day to day activities.
• Building alliances and relationships with external resources to enable access to engineering solutions and design best practise (engineers, architects, testing houses etc)
• Developing and maintaining product specifications
• Ownership of creation and accuracy of Bills of Materials within the Sage manufacturing systems
• Liaising with suppliers to agree technical specifications
• Continually investigating new material options and formulae with a view to cost reduction
• Controlling day to day processing of orders requiring design input
• Providing timely responses to commercial and customer requests
• Adopting best practises into the design and development process.
• Technical support to manufacturing for evaluating, purchasing and testing new machinery.
• Responsible for ensuring product testing is conducted and records maintained
The ideal applicant will have experience in a Technical/Design Engineering role and possess the following skills and competencies:
• Modular build experience will be deemed advantageous
• In depth experience with using Solid Works and Auto CAD, is vital
• Excellent IT skills are essential and candidates must also have project management experience
• Candidates will have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making capabilities and be highly organised; with good planning and time management skills
• Advanced communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential and candidates must also be customer focussed, proactive and ‘hands on’