Due to a steady increase in orders we are looking for a skilled Design Engineer to join our enthusiastic, fast paced project team in Leicester.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established, UK business, with excellent future prospects.
Impact Air Systems are a dynamic sales and project management organisation for pneumatic material conveying, dust control and material separation solutions.
Responsible to - Project Department Manager
Overall objective - To complete site surveys, general arrangement and fabrication drawings.
• Suitably qualified in Engineering - Minimum of HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Steelwork fabrication background & experience would be beneficial
• Able to use SOLIDWORKS to a proficient level - minimum of 2 years experience
• Good communication and customer relation skills (verbal, written and telephone) with staff, suppliers and customers
• Excellent organizational skills - able to prioritise tasks to ensure completion of drawings within deadlines
• Flexibility to cater for changes to schedule
• Pride in work to ensure every drawing is completed to a satisfactory standard
• Product knowledge of air system components (fans, filter, ducting, etc)
• Able to understand air system design (beneficial)
• Good teamworking skills
• Efficient problem solving skills
• Confident decision-making ability
• Cost consciousness
• Able to use basic Microsoft applications
• Complete detailed site survey of existing sites
• Complete relevant general arrangement and fabrication drawings
• Design and detail layouts and components to a proficient level
• Check accuracy and quality of drawings
• Ensure relevant drawings are saved to the standard drawing library in the correct format
• Work with the project managers to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to a satisfactory standard
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
You must have effective communication skills and be able to write clear and concise technical English.
Your profile should be complemented by a great work ethic, willingness to assume responsibility and respect for strict project deadlines and value engineering.