Based in Halesowen in the West Midlands, our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a global supplier of steel and aluminium processing lines. Due to an increased order book our client requires an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to lead the design of complex and specialist machinery for suppliers of ferrous and non-ferrous strip.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is keen to utilise their knowledge and experience of 3D modelling in an innovative, progressive and global organisation. The Mechanical Design Engineer role is an autonomous role with the scope to lead design innovation on large, complex engineering projects.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required:
• To design equipment in 2D & 3D format
• To produce detail drawings and bills of material
• To undertake calculations to support or prove the design.
• To liaise technically with other companies forming part of the project. e.g. oven, pneumatic,
hydraulic, manufacturing suppliers.
• To visit suppliers and customers when necessary.
• To work on site as required.