Date Posted: Thursday 21 November 2019
International Client base, luxury Retail Interiors, Commercial & Architectural projects (opportunity for some international travel)
Based in Greater London TW12. This shop fitting manufacturer create & install high end interiors & fixtures for some of the world’s leading brands & they are on the lookout for an enthusiastic, motivated CAD/CAM designer to join their dedicated design team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven design background/training & previous experience working in the high-end interior & high-end retail shop fitting sectors. Will be self organising & ‘like them’ will have a keen eye for detail.
Reliable, with strong communication skills & ability to work as part of a team?
Applicants must have advanced working knowledge of industry standard CAD/CAM software (preferably AutoCAD Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD or similar) & be competent of its application within the joinery & furniture industry. Must be confident in their abilities, be able to follow & communicate instruction to produce work to a high standard.
A progressive environment with training to suit, you will be working alongside a very well equipped modern workshop creating bespoke interiors for a range of high end retail chains. Working in an established ever-expanding team, they are looking for skilled workers to join their happy environment.
Some of your responsibilities:
• Value engineering & developing design from original brief through to manufacture
• Liaise with PM team/ attend site visits
• Troubleshooting to clients' brief. Working with other design professionals & contractors to establish any potential problems
• To carry out accurate surveys for bespoke joinery / fixture manufacture
• To create plans/elevations/sections & details for manufacture purposes
• To manage & update technical revisions/drawing registers as required for as-built issue
• Integrate 3rd party components, lighting & electrical elements into technical design
• Communicate with other team members in order to produce accurate, comprehensive drawing packs for manufacture
• Understand & produce architectural drawings, schedules & specifications
• To communicate with other consultants & suppliers as required
• Scheme development - reviewing shop drawings, hand-sketching
• Work to a deadline.
Salary dependant on experience
Valid work permit for the United Kingdom a must
They are currently holding interviews so if you would like the opportunity to be considered for this role please get in touch.
Your Experience / Skills
Skills and Attributes
• Good energy & a fantastic work ethic
• High end retail interior fitout experience or similar preferable
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to adapt & respond to a clients' changing requirements
• Demonstrate good understanding of industry standard materials/construction techniques & associated application.
• Work autonomously & show a pro-active attitude